As a JDM Team memberyou’ll play an important role in ensuring that we produce products that meet our customer requirements, within deadlines and with minimal waste. You will be fully trained and will work to our Standard Operating Procedures and make sure that food safety and security is maintained at all times.
At JDM Food Group, we are looking for Machine Operators to set up, start and monitor the machines throughout the manufacturing process to ensure the production runs smoothly and meets targets.
- 4 Days on & 4 Days off rotating shift pattern 06:00 – 18:00 (12 hour days)
Key Responsibilities as a Machine Operator:
- Setting up and starting multiple machinery at the start of the shift.
- Monitoring of the machinery throughout the shift and during production runs.
- Checking machine settings, film, print, dates, weights and codes.
- Checking the production plan and inputting of batch ingredients for the production runs.
- Ordering Packaging and Product.
- Ideally, you will have an understanding of Good Manufacturing Practice compliance.
- Possess good organisational skills in order to complete necessary tasks and paperwork.
- A basic mechanical understanding would also be benefit, but not essential.
- Be confident to lift heavy boxes up to 20kg.
What can we offer you?
- 20 days annual leave
- Company Treat Days! (Sweet and Savoury)
- Free Tea, Coffee and hot drinks all year round
- Employee Referral Program (Up to £500 for each referral, unlimited)
- Continuous support to local charities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discount Scheme offering a range of huge savings at supermarkets, electrical stores and more! (Asda, Tesco and B&M, just to name a few)
- Team events
- Awards for long service
- Training and development opportunities – we will ensure you training is up to date and that you have the qualifications required for your role
- Free car parking on site
Company paid Health Care, Optical & Dental scheme: (Annual Benefit)
- General Dental Treatment – Up to £100
- Optical Treatment – Up to £100
- Therapy – Up to £300
- GP Charges – Up to £100
- New Baby – Up to £100
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- In person.
- Must be able to reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work
- United Kingdom (required)