To carry out factory trials and launches on NPD customer approved recipes. Working cross functionally across the business to ensure new products meet our current factory capabilities and customer expectations.
Main Duty / Responsibility:
- Working closely with the New Product Development, Technical, Operations, Engineering and Commercial departments to develop new and improved products, ensuring up-to-date awareness of customer briefs.
- To deputise for Process Manager as required at both internal and external meetings, including but not exclusively the daily operations meeting and weekly trials meeting.
- Generate and maintain accurate and timely documentation concerning the NPD critical paths and process development process.
- Ensuring cost effective delivery of product trials.
- Carry out all post-trial tasks in order to confirm relevant product information e.g. organoleptic assessment, freeze suitability & transit approval and provision of product quality standards, making available process documentation for the Technical department to complete product specifications and for launch.
- Ensure all product information received from the development team is verified as correct and revert back to NPD with any issues identified.
- Ensure that products meet the desired customer criteria through appropriate testing.
- Provide a central point of information for factory enquiries on new product trials and or launches.
- Under the direction of the Process Manager, coordinate and oversee factory trials and launches, including creating production recipes in SAP & collating trial information.
- To be willing to travel on company business in order to present products, recipes and/or ideas to customers, or to attend training courses.
- To be in a position to have the right information at all times in order to support your line manager
- Deliver compliance with all relevant food safety standards, H&S legislation, food hygiene and environmental legislation in the workplace.
Personal Attributes & Skills:
• Experience in a Process or NPD role working within a chilled food environment.
• Be fully literate and numerate, sufficient to carry-out role.
• Be conversant with MS Office programmes such as Word, Excel, NutriCalc, and SAP.
• Be able to work without supervision.
• Be able to work as part of a team.
• Be robust in a fast-moving business.
• Strong leadership and influencing skills.
• Problem solving skills.
• Be able to supervise and mentor staff effectively (as applicable).
• Clear, concise and effective communication in all forms with external customers, suppliers and work colleagues.
• To have a polite and friendly manner with colleagues and customers.
• To develop and maintain excellent working relationships internally and externally.
• To work in an open and honest and ethical manner at all times.
• To have a flexible approach to the role which can be demanding in terms of deadlines and hours worked.
• To have a “can do” attitude at all times and to offer up solutions to problems as they arise.
• Valid full driving license.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000.00-£30,000.00 per year