The purpose of this role is to provide on the ground support and management to third parties carrying out installations or building fabric project works whilst also supporting other internal smaller works based around NPD and future business win. Ensuring that H&S and food safety are maintained throughout.
– Plan and deliver the installation and commissioning of new or replacement equipment, personally or managing third parties, always ensuring minimal disruption to manufacturing.
– Ensure new equipment drawings and preventative maintenance recommendations are transferred to the maintenance team and engineering stores enabling the required spares are available.
– Develop user requirement specifications (URS) to ensure a clear understanding of agreed objectives and standards are established to meet the deliverable aspects of the project.
– Follow the direction given, by site leadership to complete design and costings.
– Develop designs and create AutoCAD drawings to demonstrate potential factory layouts.
– Maintain communication throughout the business on site projects and all other site functions.
– Liaise with site maintenance teams, provide support when required.
– Keeping up to date with the latest equipment available
– 5 years Project Engineering experience within food or FMCG manufacturing
– Ideally hold IOSH managing safety certificate or higher
– Ideally capable with AutoCAD and MS Project, or similar software
– Understanding of P&ID, electrical Schematic’s
– Multi skilled with software and automation skills
– Interpersonal skills both within and cross-functionally at all business levels
– Leadership and people management skills
– Written, verbal and presentation skills.
– Be able to self-manage time effectively within the role, using own initiative to show organizational and follow-up skills.
– Consistently promote high standards through personal example and promote to third parties.
– Be proactive in looking for solutions to improve all working areas. (CI)
– To have flexible working approach to all aspects of the role
– Competent in problem solving with unfamiliar equipment.